Who’s up for a cold noodle salad?
Our fave kind of noodles are glass noodles (tomyum glass noodles were once an obsession!!) But we're game for soba, udon, whatever! Still, coz the weather has been so scorching hot, we’ve been making cold noodle dishes. And we decided it's time to share.
This recipe came about after rummaging through the fridge - we used shredded fennel and red cabbage we found hanging about.
Fennel adds a delicate but zingy taste when used raw in salads. We didn't have mushrooms but we'd love to use marinated shrooms, and thinly sliced carrots or red bell peppers next time.
The sauce is a combination of our Loaded Gun Cashew Cream, soy sauce and our home made vegetable stock. It's all whisked together for a BIG umami burst.
This took just 10 minutes to assemble. Cooking doesn’t have to be difficult or a long process. Usually I like to meal prep so I cut my time in the kitchen down. I spend time once a week to shred a load of vegetables so that making quick meals is just that - quick!
So, what’s your fave kind of noodle? 🍜
Makes 1 - 2 servings
100g Loaded Gun Cashew Cream
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons veg stock
150g glass noodles
Fennel & red cabbage, shredded (just a few small handfuls will do, to your own taste)
Handful of coriander
- Grab a 100g jar of Cashew Cream. To make the sauce, add 2 tablespoons each of soy sauce & vegetable stock. Whisk to combine.
- Soak 150g of glass noodles for 2 mins in room temp water
- Boil glass noodles 2-3 mins or until chewy. Then add noodles to a bowl of iced water so they cool but retain their texture
- Shred some fennel & red cabbage
- Assemble that sh*t in a bowl! Noodles first, then shredded fennel & red cabbage. Top with coriander
- Mix & enjoy