Recipe serve 3-5 people.
- 1 cup short-grain Japanese rice, soaked in water for 1/2 hour
- 3 tablespoons sushi rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Sexy Green Goddess
- 1/2 a cucumber, diced
- 1/2 a red bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks of spring onions, sliced thinly, for garnish
- Teaspoon of black sesame seeds, for garnish
1. Soak your rice for at least 1/2 an hour at room temperature, before washing and draining the water away.
2. Meanwhile, while waiting for the rice to soak, dice your cucumbers & red bell peppers. Set aside.
2. Add 2 cups of water to a pot and wait until it boils. Once it boils, add the soaked rice immediately. Cover with the lid and let it cook for 10-12 minutes. I like to check on my rice at the 10 minute mark and give it a stir to ensure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
3. Transfer rice to a bowl immediately. Add sushi vinegar to the hot rice and let it cool immediately. Add the 3 tablespoons of sushi rice vinegar & mix the rice in a slicing motion so the sushi rice won't become mushy or smashed. If this is too vinegary for you, you can do 2- 2.5 tablespoons.
4. Assemble the dish. On a serving plate, add 4 tablespoons of the Green Goddess sauce to the rice, followed by the red bell peppers & cucumbers. Mix gently until combined.
5. Sprinkle the black sesame seeds & spring onions over, and dig in!